About This Item
- Design Specs
- Order Process
- Option Details
- Care and Use
Window Signs - Self Adhesive Stickers
Stunning Wall/Window Signs are printed on Adhesive Fabric. The Window Signs can be mounted to any surface, wall, glass, mirror and re-positioned and reused all while retaining its adhesion and leaving no residue. They have a soft fabric finish and can be used indoors and outdoors. Great for schools, businesses, retail stores, home walls and more!
The wall sticker adhesive fabric is Class 1 or A Fire Rating.
Production time for Window/Wall Signs is normally 2-3 business days depending on the total quantity. Larger jobs may take longer.
To view current shipping speeds and rates add your fabric banner to the cart, add your shipping state and zip code into the shipping calculator.
View the current FedEx Ground Shipping times to estimate your shipping time and for more information.
Design Specs for Window Signs
Straight Cut files:
Set up your file to the exact size you choose, it's good to include a bleed but not necessary
Die Cut Files:
- Set up the file to the exact size you choose
- Add a pantone/spot color cutline to your artwork (this color cannot be in your artwork)
- Must include at least .125" bleeds
To learn more about setting up die cut check out our informational article: Making Cut Lines In Your Files
File types accepted:
- PDF - Preferred file type
Color profiles accepted:
- Mixed colors
- Pantone Colors*
- Pantone colors can be used. Pantone colors are converted to a cmyk mix for printing so colors may vary.
- Should all be converted to an image before sending in.
- Should be approx 150dpi at final size for best printing.
Placing your order online for Window Signs
Choose the Width
- Ranges from 4" - 144"
Choose the Height
- Ranges from 4" - 52"
Choose the shape
- Straight Cut
- Die Cut
Do you have your own print ready file?
- Upload the file with the upload button
- If you have large or multiple files, use the "File Upload" link after the order is placed
Order is placed: We will email you an order confirmation and your customer representative will be in touch during normal business hours.
Here is the next Steps:
Email proof: Our graphics department will send you a proof via email
Proof Approval: All proofs will need to be approved by you before printing
Printing: Once approved the order will move to production where printing will start
Boxing: When printing is complete your order will be boxed up and prepared for shipping
Shipped: Your order will be picked up by FedEx at the end of the business day. We ship Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays.
Tracking: When your order is scanned in by FedEx you will receive an email from us with the tracking and expected delivery date.
If you have any questions, we are available:
Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays
8:30am - 5pm EST
Options Details Explained for Window Stickers
Choose the shape
Your artwork has all straight edges that make a square or rectangle
We will cut your artwork into a specified shape, circles, ovals or custom shape. You will need to provide a die cut line in your artwork. Please see Making Cut Lines In Your Files to learn how to set up cutlines for our system.
Care and Use of the Window Stickers
Our Re-usable Window Stickers can be mounted on any surface without leaving a residue. With proper care it will retain its adhesion and you can re-position and re-use it.
Your window stickers are washable, you can wipe it down with a damp cloth. We don't recommend using harsh chemicals as they could ruin the print or material of your window sticker.
Uses for the Window Stickers
The Window stickers have a soft fabric feel that can be used indoors or outdoors. They can be put up practically anywhere while leaving no residue. Commonly used for the following:
- Temporary Signage
- Window Signs
- Retail Stores
- Home Walls
Set up for the Window Stickers
- A 350gsm, textured, fabric, self-adhesive wall covering. It can be easily fitted and removed from many surfaces and re-positioned while retaining its adhesion without leaving a residue.
- Let’s start by stating The Golden Rules for mounting Adhesive Fabric Graphics: Newly painted wall surfaces are what cause 80% of problems – get that right and avoid many issues.
- Just like Self Adhesive Vinyl (SAV) adhesive fabric graphics need a really clean and sound surface in order to adhere properly. The surface: Must not have been recently painted (in the previous 30 days) Must have received at least one coat of primer before it was painted Must be a smooth, clean and dry indoor surface Must not be an ‘easy clean’ paint, like those that contain silicone Must be cleaned with a damp sponge and allowed to dry for 24 hours
- There are some more guidelines below on installation technique but those surface preparations are critical to ensuring your graphic will ‘take’. Please make the effort and take the time to get that aspect right. Easy Does It People who are accustomed to installing SAV graphics might not be aware that you use far less force and pressure on adhesive fabrics. Don’t use a squeegee, for example. Wear white gloves and use your hands and fingertips. It’s a whole different installation technique.
- Wall Surface Preparation Pick a smooth, dry and clean internal wall surface. When installing onto a standard painted wall, make sure the wall has been previously primed prior to painting. Otherwise the paint or adhesive may come off. Make sure you allow 30 days after painting for out gassing to prevent bubbling. Do not use on a pebbly, textured surface where eggshell paint has been used or a very porous surface (i.e. brick and cement walls). Do not install onto painted surfaces that contain silicone or other easy to clean paint formulations.
- Make sure all previous cleaning solutions are completely gone. Use a warm, damp cloth or sponge to clean the wall surface or window and allow it to completely dry. Install a test print onto the wall surface for 48hrs prior to the installation to check for paint and wall compatibility.
- Environment Avoid installing in areas where there is high or fluctuating humidity caused by A/C units or bright lights. Due to the fabric surface of the product this can be affected by fluctuating humidity and temperature. Installation Technique Due to the woven fabric nature of these stickers and similar products you must only use light pressure when installing onto walls especially when installing landscape drops. This will help prevent the fabric from stretching and causing the adhesive to pipe off the wall surface.
- Many installers are used to applying SAV products which require more force to activate the adhesive (therefore use squeegees) and are often installed using water. This process is not recommended for this material.
- Start at the top of your sticker drop and pull down approximately 4-6 inches of the liner and crease the back of the liner. Simply apply the 4-6 inches of exposed adhesive area to your chosen location. It can be repositioned if there are any bubbles or wrinkles and you can lightly press or smooth them out or just peel back that area and re-apply. If you use too much pressure especially with a felt squeegee this will cause the fabric to stretch and then pull off the wall. We have spoken to many customers who have experienced this issue especially with landscape drops or horizontal drops over 2.4 metres.
- Use light pressure. Work slowly, which allows the adhesive to grab and not over stress the fabric, so it fights against the adhesive which can cause piping. Only use hands with white gloves. If you get an air bubble either pull back material and re-apply or if a small bubble, prick and apply light pressure to adhere material.
- If a bubble re-appears over the next day or two, pressing and lightly rubbing can remove it. This can happen occasionally if oil, dirt, or dust is on your surface. Use a sewing pin to pop the bubble and then smooth it out with your fingers in a circular motion.
Can I use these Window Stickers on any window or wall?
Yes, you can use these wall stickers virtually on any surface, even windows. The adhesive is not aggressive and it should not leave any residue or damage the surface.
Can I re-use my window Sticker?
Yes, the sticker will retain it's adhesive and you can re-use it time and time again. We recommend saving the backing of the sticker, this way you can place the sticker back on it when you're not using it.
Is the Window Sticker reflective?
No, the stickers are made from a soft fabric and it will not reflect any light.
How do I set up the Die Cut lines?
You will need to set up the lines in a vector format. The die cut line will need to be a pantone/spot color that is not in your artwork. You can learn exactly how to do this here: Making Cut Lines In Your Files
How many colors or details can I use in my artwork, will it cost extra?
You can use any number of colors or any amount of detail in your artwork without incurring any additional fees. We print our fabric with dye sublimation technology in full color and no matter how many colors or how detailed the artwork is, it won't affect the cost of the sign.
What color profile should I use in my artwork?
We accept CMYK, RGB, Mixed colors and Pantone colors. We use a 4-color process, and each color profile will be converted to meet the original coloring as closely as possible.
When will I get a proof?
Typically, you'll receive a proof via email from our graphics department within 1-2 hours of placing the order, if the order is placed during regular business hours of 8:30am - 5pm EST, Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays. If you place your order during off hours/days, you'll receive a proof 1-2 hours from the time we re-open.
I don't have a print ready file or software to set up artwork, how can I get artwork set up?
Unfortunately, we don't offer artwork set up in house. Good websites to find graphic designers are fiverr.com or 99designs.com. If you are not able to find a designer please contact us and we can refer you to freelance designers we work with often.
I realized I sent the wrong file when I received the proof, what do I do?
No worries, this is why we send proofs! If you realized something is wrong in your artwork or sent the wrong file, simply respond to the graphics proof email, and let them know if you are sending a new file or have changes to your design online artwork. Our graphics team will always send you updated proofs, and nothing goes to print without your approval.
I approved of the proof then realized it was wrong, what do I do?
We work fast over here, once the proof is approved it moves to production quickly. If you realize the proof was wrong after approving contact us as soon as possible. We can try to holt production if your order has not started to print yet. Once it starts printing it will be hard to pull it back at that point so the sooner you can let us know the better chances, we have to stop it.