About This Item
- Design Specs
- Order Process
- Option Details
- Care and Use
18" x 24" Aluminum Sign with Calendared Vinyl Graphics
Our Aluminum Parking signs are the most durable long-lasting signage we offer and it's great for permanent signage in parking lots or outdoor trails. We print in full color on a strong adhesive calendared vinyl then mount it on 1/8" thick .040 Aluminum Composite. Square or rounded corners, double sided printing, and laminations options available.
NOTE: The edges of the aluminum can be sharp, and we recommend rounding the corners if you're using the sign on a pole.
Aluminum Sign Details
- Low-cost aluminum signage
- 3mm aluminum composite material, approx. 1/8" thickness
- Full Color Calendared Vinyl Print, mounted to aluminum
- Rounded or square corner options
- Recommended for outdoor use, great for long term 3-5 years
- Includes - Printing on Calendared vinyl with Calendared Lamination
Our aluminum signs are made of a 3-layer composite of pre-finished aluminum bonded to a middle core of polyethylene (PE). Making it exceptional for outdoor applications due to the stability, strength, and durability of the material. The graphic is printed on a strong adhesive vinyl that gets mounted to the aluminum composite.
Calendared vinyl is an economy film that is non-conformable and does will with flat surface applications such as the aluminum signs. The vinyl is durable and will last around 3-5 years depending on sun and weather exposure. Calendared vinyl does tend to shrink over time resulting in less resistance to weather elements. At that time it would be recommended to replace the sign.
What's in the Box?
- Full color printed aluminum sign
Dimensions & Weights
Shipping Box: 25 x 19 x 1 3lbs
Normal Production time is 3 business days; however, we know sometimes you need things quickly! We're there for you, offering rush shipping options in the check out.
To view our current shipping speeds and rates, add the yard signs to the cart, add your shipping state and zip code into the shipping calculator. Check out the current FedEx Ground Shipping Transit times
Design Specs for Print Ready Files 18" x 24" Aluminum Signs
Artwork should be set up at size or a proportional size:
- 18" wide x 24" tall (landscape)
- 24" wide x 18" tall (portrait)
Before you setup your file; Please view our Design Specs for Print Ready Files
- If you submit a file that is not print ready according to our specifications our graphics team may have to ask you to adjust the artwork and re-submit, which can delay the processing of your order.
Custom Printed Aluminum Signs Options Explained
- Rounded (1.5" dia corners) - Corners will be rounded on the edges, good if the sign is mounted to a pole
- Squared - Corners will be straight cut *Note straight cut corners can be very sharp, take caution
Single Sided or Double Sided
- Single Sided Print: Full color print on one side, the back side of the board will be white
- Double Sided Print: Full color print on both sides of the board
- Gloss: the sign will have a glossy finish
- Matte: the sign will have a flat (non-glossy) finish
- Landscape: Sign will be 18" wide x24" tall
- Portrait: Sign will be 24" wide x 18" tall
Upload Your Print Ready File
- Upload the file with the upload button
- If you have large or multiple files, use the "File Upload" link after the order is placed
Care & Use of the Aluminum Signs
The aluminum signs are durable and weatherproof, however, since these signs are usually outdoors, they can and will get dirty, regular (every few weeks or so) cleaning will prolong the life of your custom printed sign panels. Without regular cleaning dirt and grim can build up making it difficult to get off.
Washing your signs
- Don't use any harsh chemicals because you can damage the print or lamination.
- Use a little soapy water, wiping your replacement panels gently with a soft cloth or towel.
Uses for your Custom Printed Aluminum Signs
Aluminum Signs are the best material for outdoor signage. They are long lasting, reusable and weatherproof. Here's a few ways to use them.
Great for events like:
- Realtor Signs
- Trail Signage
- Parking Lot Signage
- Menu Boards
- Seasonal Signage
Drilling Holes in your Aluminum Signs
Aluminum is a soft metal and is easy to drill through. Because of the low melting point of aluminum it's best to use a Cobalt drill bit, however, a standard HSS drill bit can also be used, but the cobalt drill bit will dissipate heat quicker reducing heat build up.
Order is placed: We will email you an order confirmation and your customer representative will be in touch during normal business hours.
Here is the next Steps:
- Our graphics department will send you a proof via email
- All proofs will need to be approved by you before printing
- Once approved the order will move to production where printing will start
- When printing is complete your order will be boxed up and prepared for shipping
- Your order will be picked up by FedEx at the end of the business day. We ship Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays.
- When your order is scanned in by Fedex you will receive an email from us with the tracking and expected delivery date.
If you have any questions, we are available:
Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays
8:30am - 5pm EST
What are Aluminum Signs made of?
Our Aluminum Signs are made of .040 Aluminum Composite. Aluminum Composite is weatherproof and durable, aluminum signs are perfect for long term outdoor signage.
How long can I use my Aluminum signs?
These signs are built to last a long time, with proper care and cleaning they can last you years to come.
What's the difference between Cast Vinyl and Calendared Vinyl?
- Cast: Premium vinyl film that is stretchy and more conformable. It's recommended for complex surfaces and typically lasts 6+ years with normal outdoor use.
- Calendared: Economy vinyl film that is non-conformable. It's recommended for flat simple surfaces and is not as durable as Cast Vinyl and will last around 3-5 years with normal outdoor use.
Is the Aluminum Signs durable?
Aluminum Composite is very durable and rigid. It can withstand most weather conditions, especially cold weather as they won't crack when hit by the snow.
Can I use my Aluminum Signs outside?
Yes, these signs are meant to be used outdoors since they are weatherproof you can rely on them lasting throughout all the seasons. You can use them indoors as well.
I would like a different size than the 12" x 6"?
We can cut down the sign into any size, simply let us know in the comments section what the final size of the sign you would like. We'll confirm the custom size while in the proofing stage.
Can I custom cut or die cut my Aluminum Signs?
Yes! We have the best die cutting machinery you can get and we have the ability to do most custom die cut projects. Here's how you can set up the cutlines. Please contact us about your custom cut signs 888-319-8184 prior to placing the order.
Should I laminate my Aluminum Sign Print?
We do offer lamination for your replacement sign panels, although not necessary, the lamination offers as an extra layer of protection for your print.
Is the graphic mounted to the Aluminum Sign?
Yes, the graphic is printed on a vinyl adhesive and mounted to aluminum material.
Will my graphics peel away over time?
The aluminum signs could peel since the print is mounted to the material. If the Aluminum Sign is properly cared for the print should last a long time without peeling.
Can I make my sign double sided?
Yes, we can print on both sides of the Aluminum material, just select double sided printing in the drop down when placing your order.
How many colors or details can I use in my artwork, will it cost extra?
You can use any number of colors or any amount of detail in your artwork without incurring any additional fees. We print our Foam Board Signs in full color and no matter how many colors or how detailed the artwork is, it won't affect the cost of the sign.
What color profile should I use in my artwork?
We accept CMYK, RGB, Mixed colors and Pantone colors. We use a 4-color process, and each color profile will be converted to meet the original coloring as closely as possible.
When will I get a proof?
Typically, you'll receive a proof via email from our graphics department within 1-2 hours of placing the order, if the order is placed during regular business hours of 8:30am - 5pm EST, Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays. If you place your order during off hours/days, you'll receive a proof 1-2 hours from the time we re-open.
I don't have a print ready file or software to set up artwork, how can I get artwork set up?
We have a very user-friendly design online program; anyone can use it and it's free for you to use! You can pick any of the editable templates we have set up or you can start from scratch. It has lots of options such as adding text, images, colors and even logos, the possibilities are endless! Make sure to create an account and save your designs for future use!
I realized I sent the wrong file when I received the proof, what do I do?
No worries, this is why we send proofs! If you realized something is wrong in your artwork or you sent the wrong file, simply respond to the graphics proof email and let them know if you are sending a new file or have changes to your design online artwork. Our graphics team will always send you updated proofs, and nothing goes to print without your approval.
I approved of the proof then realized it was wrong, what do I do?
We work fast over here, once the proof is approved it moves to production pretty quickly. If you realize the proof was wrong after approving contact us as soon as possible. We can try to halt production if your order has not started to print yet. Once it starts printing it will be hard to pull it back at that point so the sooner you can let us know the better chances, we have to stop it.