About This Item
- Design Specs
- Order Process
- Option Details
- Care and Use
24" x 36" Concrete Decals
A 13.5 mil, non-skid, printable, clear grit coated outdoor stabilized white film also known as StreetTRAX® This product is designed for the production of outdoor sidewalk and parking lot ‘floor’ graphics. The product is coated on one side with 2 mils of an aggressive, permanent, pressure sensitive adhesive that bonds extremely well to flat or slightly rough surfaces like concrete and asphalt.
Concrete Decal Details
- Custom full color printing
- Clear grit coating for anti-slip surface
- Conforms to uneven surfaces
- Great for outdoor sidewalks and parking lots
- Weatherproof and durable
- Optional die cut into custom shapes
Slip Resistant Finish
The concrete decals have a grit-coated surface. Meeting the new ANSI/NFSI (American National Standards Institute/National Floor Safety Institute) B101.1 and B101.3 specifications for slip resistance/high traction, the concrete decals are designed for outdoor sidewalk and parking lot ‘floor’ graphics.
What's in the Box?
Full Color printed concrete decal
Shipping & Dimensions
25" x 5" x 5" .5lbs (ships rolled)
Normal production time is 2-3 business days for most orders. Higher qty orders may require more time. Production time starts the next business day from proof approval.
Need it Faster?
We know you sometimes need things quickly! We're here for you offering rush shipping options in the checkout. To view our current shipping speeds and rates, add the yard signs to the cart, add your shipping state and zip code into the shipping calculator. Check out the current FedEx Ground Shipping Transit times
Design Specs for 24" x 36" Concrete Decal print ready file
Artwork should be set up at size or a proportional size at either:
- 24.125" wide x 36.125" high, file must have bleeds
- 36.125" wide x 24.125" high, file must have bleeds
NOTE: If you submit a file that is not print ready according to our specifications our graphics team may have to ask you to adjust the artwork and re-submit, which can delay the processing of your order.
Order is placed: We will email you an order confirmation and your customer representative will be in touch during normal business hours.
Here's the next steps:
Our graphics department will send you a proof via email
All proofs will need to be approved by you before printing
Once approved the order will move to production where printing will start
When printing is complete your order will be boxed up and prepared for shipping
Your order will be picked up by FedEx at the end of the business day. We ship Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays.
When your order is scanned in by Fedex you will receive an email from us with the tracking and expected delivery date.
If you have any questions, we are available:
Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays
8:30am - 5pm EST
- Straight Cut: your decal will have straight edges and be either a square or rectangle
- Die Cut: your decal will have a custom cut that is not a square or rectangle. You must provide a cutline in the file, for more information view our Making Cut Lines In Your Files article
Upload Your Print Ready File
- Upload the file with the upload button
- If you have large or multiple files, use the "File Upload" link after the order is placed
Care & Use for the Concrete Decals
The concrete stickers are meant for one time use, once they are pulled up from the ground they will not stick anymore. With proper care your floor decals be removed up to 6 months without leaving a residue.
The concrete decals feature an aggressive, permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive that bonds extremely well to flat or slightly rough concrete and asphalt surfaces.
- Concrete decals are not intended to be used as a conformable wall wrapping film.
- Concrete decals used on sealed concrete may result in a permanent application and will not be easily removed. Always test first in an inconspicuous area.
- Concrete decals on varnished surfaces and soft walls like stucco or drywall will damage the surface upon removal. Always test first in an inconspicuous area.
- Concrete decals can withstand light vehicular traffic. Short term applications, like for special events or parades that last a couple days are acceptable.
- Concrete decals used on some concrete surfaces, especially newly poured concrete, may fail due to efflorescence which is beyond Mactac’s control and therefore no claim for successful application or removal is made by MACtac in this instance. Efflorescence is a powdery white material that forms on the surface of the concrete and is caused by calcium salts which is naturally in the concrete. As water moves out of the concrete it carries with it some of this salt, which then interferes with the bond of the adhesive to the concrete surface.
- The user is responsible for determining the product’s suitability, including adhesion and if needed, removal characteristics when used in applications other than listed specifically in this Performance Guide.
Cleaning Your Concrete Decals
To clean your concrete decals use a low pressure, light spray hose and sweep with a broom being careful near the edges to avoid lifting the graphic. Avoid any harsh chemicals as they can damage the decal material.
Typical Uses of the Concrete Decals
The concrete stickers are ideal for high pedestrian traffic areas such as marathons and races, parades, fairs, college campuses, sports arenas and entertainment venues, convention centers, and more. It has an outdoor application life of up to 2 months NOT meant for use under vehicle traffic.
- Retail floor signage
- Sports Arenas
- Wayfinding floor signs
- Convention Centers
- Sporting Events
- Entertainment Venues
Applying the Concrete Decals
The surface must be absolutely dry, clean and in reasonably good condition.
Applying the Concrete Stickers
- Decals must be applied in dry weather to a dry surface at temperatures above 50°F (10°C) on days the temperature is expected to rise to at least 70°F (21°C). For example: if it rained the day before or early morning, allow 24 hours of dry weather for the concrete surface to dry out.
- Heat helps the adhesive flow to the rough surface to create a better bond. Do not attempt to apply graphics late in the day when the temperature is expected to cool down.
- The rougher the surface the less contact the adhesive will have and the less chance your graphic has for success.
- To clean the surface, use a brush or stiff bristle broom to remove dirt and dust, sand and gravel or other loose contaminates. Do not use water or cleaners which will cause the surface to become wet.
- Bridge graphics over seams if needed; do not force the graphic down into the seam.
- Once aligned, pull back 1-2 inches of the liner to expose the adhesive to align and start the application.
- Remove 6 - 10 inches of liner at a time and using a firm roller or a firm, short bristle brush with very firm pressure, forcing the adhesive down into the surface. Continue with 6 - 10 inches at a time to eliminate air bubble, complete the application.
- Once complete go back over all edges again to make sure they are in full contact to the surface. Rough surface Smoother surface Adhesive StreetTRAX Adhesive StreetTRAX Adhesive contact is much better on smoother surfaces!
- On rougher surfaces use heat and pressure to conform at least 1” of the graphic edge down into the surface.
- Butt edges on multi-panel graphics. We do not recommend using a 1” overlap to seam the graphic. This creates excessively high levels which may result in trips, falls and injuries.
- Trim sharp corners to a rounded radius to help minimize edge lifting.
Removing the Concrete Decals
- Lift one edge, you may need a putty knife to get an edge started, and pull using short, quick tugs.
- Keep the angle low, (less than 45°) for best results.
- Removal is much easier when done in the cool early morning hours. Do not use heat to assist in removal as heat will actually increase the bond of this adhesive.
- If any residual adhesive residue is present after removal of the graphic, Citrus or solvent based adhesive removers will clean the residue.
How long will my concrete stickers last?
The concrete decals are fairly durable and can last more than 3+ months with light to normal pedestrian traffic and up to 1 year with no pedestrian traffic. The indoor durablitly on vertical surfaces is up to 5 years. It is important to remove the stickers from the ground in the event that the edges start to lift, if not removed it can become a tripping hazard.
How thick are the Concrete Stickers?
The concrete stickers are 13.5 mil
Can I re-use my concrete decal?
No, once the decal is pulled up off the ground the adhesive is no longer strong enough to hold it on the ground again. If you try to re-use it the decal could become a tripping hazard because the edges won't apply smooth to the floor.
Are the concrete stickers reflective?
No, the concrete stickers are not reflective, they are made of a matte white material with a non-skid coating.
How do I set up the Die Cut lines?
You will need to set up the lines in a vector format. The die cut line will need to be a pantone/spot color that is not in your artwork. You can learn exactly how to do this here: Making Cut Lines In Your Files
How many colors or details can I use in my artwork, will it cost extra?
You can use any number of colors or any amount of detail in your artwork without incurring any additional fees. We print our fabric with dye sublimation technology in full color and no matter how many colors or how detailed the artwork is, it won't affect the cost of the sign.
What color profile should I use in my artwork?
We accept CMYK, RGB, Mixed colors and Pantone colors. We use a 4-color process, and each color profile will be converted to meet the original coloring as closely as possible.
When will I get a proof?
Typically, you'll receive a proof via email from our graphics department within 1-2 hours of placing the order, if the order is placed during regular business hours of 8:30am - 5pm EST, Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays. If you place your order during off hours/days, you'll receive a proof 1-2 hours from the time we re-open.
I don't have a print ready file or software to set up artwork, how can I get artwork set up?
Unfortunately, we don't offer artwork set up in house. Good websites to find graphic designers are fiverr.com or 99designs.com. If you are not able to find a designer please contact us and we can refer you to freelance designers we work with often.
I realized I sent the wrong file when I received the proof, what do I do?
No worries, this is why we send proofs! If you realized something is wrong in your artwork or sent the wrong file, simply respond to the graphics proof email, and let them know if you are sending a new file or have changes to your design online artwork. Our graphics team will always send you updated proofs, and nothing goes to print without your approval.
I approved of the proof then realized it was wrong, what do I do?
We work fast over here, once the proof is approved it moves to production quickly. If you realize the proof was wrong after approving contact us as soon as possible. We can try to holt production if your order has not started to print yet. Once it starts printing it will be hard to pull it back at that point so the sooner you can let us know the better chances, we have to stop it.