About This Item
- Design Online Templates
- Design Specs
- Order Process
- Option Details
- Care and Use
Asphalt Art® is an anti-slip media that conforms to uneven outdoor surfaces such as asphalt, concrete and paving bricks, providing a painted on effect. Since it withstands vehicle traffic it is great for outdoor advertising, point-of-purchase, events, wayfinding, street art and retail or restaurant pick-up areas.
Asphalt Decals Details
- For use on Asphalt or Concrete Surfaces
- Durable and can handle some vehicle traffic
- Sanded, non-slip finish
- Aluminum Foil Backing allowing image to flex to the surface
Don't have a Print Ready Design Setup?
Design Online Program: The fastest way to set up a design for your yard signs is to use our design online program. You can easily set up the design to your liking and save it in your account for future use. By using the design online program, the design will be submitted with your order and will be proofed out quickly, the best part is it's free to use!
- Free to use and save designs
- Choose from many fonts and images
- Save designs in your account for future use
- Upload your own logo and images
- Saves you money on graphic designer fees
Asphalt Sticker Material
Asphalt stickers are a anti-slip durable vinyl sticker that adheres to asphalt and concreate surfaces. The material has a sanded non-slip finish with a aluminum foil backing that allows the material to flex to the uneven outdoor or indoor surfaced of asphalt or concreate.
What's in the Box?
Full color custom Printed Asphalt Decal
Shipping Dimensions & Weights
9" x 9" x .5" .25lbs
Normal production time is 2-3 business days for most orders. Higher qty orders may require more time. Production time starts the next business day from proof approval.
Need it Faster?
We know you sometimes need things quickly! We're here for you offering rush shipping options in the checkout. To view our current shipping speeds and rates, add the yard signs to the cart, add your shipping state and zip code into the shipping calculator. Check out the current FedEx Ground Shipping Transit times
Design Specs for 8" x 8" Asphalt Decals
Artwork should be set up at size or a proportional size:
- 8.125" wide x 8.125" high, file must have bleeds
Before you setup your file; Please view our Design Specs for Print Ready Files and if needed, Making Cut Lines In Your Files
NOTE: If you submit a file that is not print ready according to our specifications our graphics team may have to ask you to adjust the artwork and re-submit, which can delay the processing of your order.
Our Order Process
Order is placed: We will email you an order confirmation and your customer representative will be in touch during normal business hours.
Here's the next steps:
Our graphics department will send you a proof via email
All proofs will need to be approved by you before printing
Once approved the order will move to production where printing will start
When printing is complete your order will be boxed up and prepared for shipping
Your order will be picked up by FedEx at the end of the business day. We ship Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays.
When your order is scanned in by Fedex you will receive an email from us with the tracking and expected delivery date.
If you have any questions, we are available:
Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays
8:30am - 5pm EST
- Straight Cut: your decal will have straight edges and be either a square or rectangle
- Die Cut: your decal will have a custom cut that is not a square or rectangle. You must provide a cutline in the file, for more information view our Making Cut Lines In Your Files article
Design Online Feature
- Choose the correct orientation
- Choose a pre-made editable template below
- Choose to start from scratch by simply clicking on "Design it Yourself"
Upload Your Print Ready File
- Upload the file with the upload button
- If you have large or multiple files, use the "File Upload" link after the order is placed
Asphalt Stickers Setup Instructions
Prior to application of Asphalt Art the surface temperature must be above 50 degrees Fahrenheit. The
surface should be clean, dry and oil-free. Remove any loose debris from the surface. Try to stay 4” or
more from curb gutter area of heavy water flow. Dirty surfaces may require power washing but, the
surface must be dry before application.
- Snap a line or otherwise mark the perimeter of the application surface.
- Starting at one corner, remove 6” of liner from the back side.
- Orient the graphic on the surface; Peel back the liner gradually as you are applying the graphic. A back and forth, press and smoothing motion is best.
- Use your fingers, a soft roller or squeegee to work the graphic into any texture or cracks (see pictures at bottom of page). Pay particular attention to the edges making sure they are securely adhered to the surface.
- Using a floor roller, starting at the center and working out covering the entire surface, this helps to secure the Asphalt Art to the surface.
- Do NOT overlap the Asphalt Art seams! Asphalt Art should not be applied on top of Asphalt Art.
- Repeat process for additional panels if it is a large graphic.
- Use a scraper to work up one corner.
- Grab the raised corner then pull the material back at a 180 degree angle. The material should pull off in one piece. If the material tears use the scraper to start another edge.
- Adhesive remover may be needed to remove any remaining adhesive from the surface.
Under normal traffic, simply sweeping the Asphalt Art® with a soft broom will remove most loose particles. When the surface is visibly dirty, cleaning with a soft cloth soap and water will remove most soils.
How long will my asphalt decals last?
Our asphalt stickers can be used under light foot traffic for up to 12 months, using them inside will prolong the life of the decals. Harsh weather conditions and heavy foot traffic can greatly effect the lifespan of the sticker.
Will the sticker leave residue?
The asphalt sticker will come off cleanly without any residue if used on a asphalt or concreate surface, if it's used on a non-recommend surface it may leave residue or cause damage.
Are the asphalt decals used for indoor or outdoors?
The decals are perfect for outdoor use since the yare weather proof and slip resistant, however, they are great for indoor usage as well. Keep in mind that the adhesive is stronger than regular hard surface floor decals and this sticker should not be used on laminate, sealed or painted floors as it could cause damage to the flooring.
Can I drive over the asphalt decals?
Yes, the asphalt stickers can withstand light rolling vehicle traffic as long as the vehicle does not stop, turn or slide across the decal.
Are the asphalt decals safe to use in the rain?
Yes, the sanded surface allows foot traffic in wet and dry weather without the worries of slipping and falling.
What are the asphalt decals made of?
Our asphalt stickers are made of very durable, strong foil backed, anti-slip, sanded surface vinyl. The foil back gives it the ability to adhere to uneven surfaces and the sanded surface enables foot traffic without the worry of slipping.
Will the vinyl sticker adhere to any asphalt surface?
The vinyl should stick to most asphalt or concrete surfaces. Follow the set up instructions to ensure a proper adhesion.
Can I re-use my floor decal?
No, once the decal is pulled up off the ground the adhesive is no longer strong enough to hold it on the ground. If you try to re-use it the decal could become a tripping hazard because the edges won't apply smooth to the floor.
Is the Asphalt Sticker reflective?
No, the stickers are made from a soft fabric and it will not reflect any light.
How do I set up the Die Cut lines?
You will need to set up the lines in a vector format. The die cut line will need to be a pantone/spot color that is not in your artwork. You can learn exactly how to do this here: Making Cut Lines In Your Files
How many colors or details can I use in my artwork, will it cost extra?
You can use any number of colors or any amount of detail in your artwork without incurring any additional fees. We print our fabric with dye sublimation technology in full color and no matter how many colors or how detailed the artwork is, it won't affect the cost of the sign.
What color profile should I use in my artwork?
We accept CMYK, RGB, Mixed colors and Pantone colors. We use a 4-color process, and each color profile will be converted to meet the original coloring as closely as possible.
When will I get a proof?
Typically, you'll receive a proof via email from our graphics department within 1-2 hours of placing the order, if the order is placed during regular business hours of 8:30am - 5pm EST, Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays. If you place your order during off hours/days, you'll receive a proof 1-2 hours from the time we re-open.
I don't have a print ready file or software to set up artwork, how can I get artwork set up?
Unfortunately, we don't offer artwork set up in house. Good websites to find graphic designers are fiverr.com or 99designs.com. If you are not able to find a designer please contact us and we can refer you to freelance designers we work with often.
I realized I sent the wrong file when I received the proof, what do I do?
No worries, this is why we send proofs! If you realized something is wrong in your artwork or sent the wrong file, simply respond to the graphics proof email, and let them know if you are sending a new file or have changes to your design online artwork. Our graphics team will always send you updated proofs, and nothing goes to print without your approval.
I approved of the proof then realized it was wrong, what do I do?
We work fast over here, once the proof is approved it moves to production quickly. If you realize the proof was wrong after approving contact us as soon as possible. We can try to holt production if your order has not started to print yet. Once it starts printing it will be hard to pull it back at that point so the sooner you can let us know the better chances, we have to stop it.