About This Item
- Design Online Templates
- Design Specs
- Order Process
- Option Details
- Care and Use
How to order with multiple files
For multi sign orders using different files, please follow the directions below to save.
- Place your order for the total number of signs you want and bypass the upload file option
This will allow you to take the quantity discount on your order (even if they are different files) as well as make the shipping cost much lower.
- Let us know how many of each file
Write the file name in the "comments" section of this page, or in the file upload page, along with the quantity of signs you want from that file.
After you place your order
Go to our "File Upload" tab located on the top of the home page.
There you can upload up to 6 files at a time, if you have more than 6 , simply send another set.
We connect your order and your files by the email you use on your order and the file upload
We contact all of our customers after their order is placed and double check everything with you before we print, so rest assured you are in good hands.
Design Specs for 24"x46" Custom Foam Board Sign
Design layout should be at full size either:
- 24" wide x 46" high
- 24" high x 46" wide
File types accepted:
- PDF - Preferred file type
Color profiles accepted:
- Mixed colors
- Pantone Colors*
- Pantone colors can be used. Pantone colors are converted to a cmyk mix for printing so colors may vary.
- Should all be converted to an image before sending in.
- Should be approx 150dpi at final size for best printing.
How to order with multiple or large files
- Place your order for the total number of signs and proceed to the check out.
- After you place your order, go to our "File Upload" tab located on the top left side of the home page. There you can upload up to 6 files at a time, if you have more than 6 , simply send another set.
- We connect your order and your files by the email you use on your order and the file upload. If we have any questions we will let you know.
- You will receive a proof that requires approval by you before anything goes to print.
24"x46" Foam Board Sign options explained
Foam Board Specs
- 3/16" white foam board - white on both sides with a white core
- Add an easel to the back to allow it to stand on a table. Folds flat against the back for transporting. Ease is made of a compressed card board.
- Prints can be lamimated - Lamination is not generally needed on these small 11"x14" foam boards, but if you want it we offer the following
- Gloss lamination
- Matte Lamination
- Dry Erase - this is a gloss materail mounted on top of your image and allows you to use dry erase markers, as well as wet erase and liquid chalk. Liquid chalk is the best to use and can be used over dark prints.
Upload your Filea
- For small file sizes (under 500k) you can use the easy upload on the product optioons.
- Larger files, please use the file upload link at the top of the site anytime after your order is placed.
- The design online program can be switched from a vertical to horizontal format by choosing this option. Some stock templates will change also. We have a few design online base templates for the 11"x14" foam board, and all are editable.
Easel Stand Step:
- If you purchased a easel back then the easel will already be attached to the back of your sign when you receive it. Simply fold out the easel wing and lock it in to place. Now you can place your Foam Board Sign on any flat surface!
Mounted prints to wall (only for 1 sided printing):
- Since foam boards are light weight it's pretty easy to mount them to any smooth surface wall. You can easily use double sided stick tape on the back of the sign to adhere it to the wall, Command Damage-Free Hanging Strips also work great.
- The Foam Board Signs come in two different thicknesses, 3/16" and 1/2", make sure to pick the right thickness for your sign holder. Reference the sign holder's manufacturer directions to ensure proper installation of the sign.
Placing your order online for the 24"x46" foam board print(s)
Choose if you want to add an easel back to your sign
Choose if you want to add a lamination to your sign
- Matte Lamination
- Gloss Lamination
- Dry Erase Lamination
Do you have your own print ready file?
- Upload the file with the upload button
- If you have large or multiple files, use the "File Upload" link after the order is placed
Do you want to use our Design Online feature?
- Choose the correct orientation
- Choose a pre-made editable template below
- Choose to start from scratch by simply clicking on "Design it Yourself"
Order is placed: We will email you an order confirmation and your customer representative will be in touch during normal business hours.
Here is the next Steps:
- Our graphics department will send you a proof via email
- All proofs will need to be approved by you before printing
- Once approved the order will move to production where printing will start
- When printing is complete your order will be boxed up and prepared for shipping
- Your order will be picked up by FedEx at the end of the business day. We ship Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays.
- When your order is scanned in by Fedex you will receive an email from us with the tracking and expected delivery date.
If you have any questions we are available:
Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays
8:30am - 5pm EST
Care & Use of the 24"x46" Foam Board Sign
Foam board signs are made with a paper face and a foam core center. They are inexpensive and easily to replace without digging a hole in your pocket. Foam board signs are most suitable for indoor use and is not a good option for outdoor use since it's susceptible to prolonged exposure to moisture and sunlight.
Do not wash or wet signs
- If you have a lamination then you can wipe it with a damp cloth on the laminated side only, being very careful to not get any moisture on the edges.
Not meant for wet or damp areas
- Foam board will absorb any moisture in the environment causing the sign to warp, bulge, discolor, or even tear.
Handle with extra care
- Foam Board easily damages, especially the corners
- If the corners dent and your design allows for removal of some part of the sign then you can use a sharp razor to slice off the damaged section. We suggest using a straight edge and cut into multiple small depths with the blade on a slight angle to the face of the board.
- Avoid dropping or placing any objects on top of the Foam Signs as it will leave dents or imprints on the signs.
Uses of Foam Board Signs
Foam board signs are popular because they are low cost with a high quality print. There are thousands of ways you can use your Foam Poster, here's the most popular ways to use your Foam Board Sign :
- Retail Store Signage
- Menu Boards
- Photo Galleries
- Office Decor
What are foam boards made of?
- Our custom Foam Board Signs are made with a paper face on both sides with a solid foam middle. The paper face allows high quality prints, and the foam middle offers rigidness and durability.
How long can I use my Foam Board Sign?
- Most Foam Board Signs are generally used for one-time events, however, if the Foam Board Sign is cared for properly it can last you a long time.
Is foam board durable?
- Foam Board Signs are very delicate and damage easily. Most times foam board is used for short-term or one-time use, then discarded afterwards.
Can I use my Foam Board Sign outside?
- You can use Foam Board Signs outdoors, however, we don't recommend it because the foam board is so fragile it easily damages, and it will absorb any moisture. If you are looking for outdoor signage we recommend you checking out our Corrugated Plastic Signs , PVC Signs , and Aluminum Signs.
Are large foam boards just thick poster board?
- Some refer to foamcore signs as " poster board signs " or " mounted poster board ". The custom foam boards are made of two pieces of poster paper with a foamcore middle making it a rigid sign much like a thick poster board.
I would like a different size than the 24"x46"?
- We can cut down the sign into any size, simply let us know in the comments section what the final size of the sign you would like. We'll confirm the custom size while in the proofing stage.
Can I custom cut or die cut my Foam Board Sign?
- Yes! We the best die cutting machinary you can get and we have the ablity to do most custom die cut projects. Here's how you can set up the cutlines. Please contact us about your custom cut signs 888-319-8184 prior to placing the order.
Should I laminate my Foam Board Print?
- Most people don't laminate Foam board signs since it's a short-term sign, however, we do offer lamination. If you are going for more of a "photo like" look, choose gloss lamination. If you would like a matte (not glossy) finish, choose matte lamination. If you would like to write on it and wipe it off, choose dry erase lamination.
Will the dry erase markers stain the dry erase lamination?
- Since our dry erase lamination is high quality most dry erase, wet erase and liquid chalk markers should wipe right off easily without leaving any stains. We highly recommend wiping off any marker after using it, if the marker is left on it for a prolonged period of time it could stain the lamination. If you happen to get any staining, you can try to use as small amount of isopropyl alcohol to wipe the lamination.
Is the graphic mounted to the Foam Board Sign?
- No, we print directly to the foam board material using high quality UV inks. Mounted prints are when the graphic is printed on a sheet of paper or vinyl then it's mounted onto the foam material with and adhesive. In our experience printing direct to material produces just as high quality results as custom foam board mounting.
Will my graphic peel away over time?
- Since we print direct to material none of the graphic will peel off the board unlike mounted prints.
I ordered an easel back but decided I don't want to use it. What do I do?
- The easel back comes already adhered to the back of your sign when you receive it, unfortunately, you won't be able to remove it without damaging the back of the sign, however, the easel back is so thin you can simply not fold it out.
Can I make my sign double sided?
- Yes, we can print on both sides of the foam board material. Check out the 11"x14" Custom Foam Board Double Sided Signs.
How many colors or details can I use in my artwork, will it cost extra?
- You can use any number of colors or any amount of detail in your artwork without incurring any additional fees. We print our Foam Board Signs in full color and no matter how many colors or how detailed the artwork is, it won't affect the cost of the sign.
What color profile should I use in my artwork?
- We accept CMYK, RGB, Mixed colors and Pantone colors. We use a 4-color process, and each color profile will be converted to meet the original coloring as closely as possible.
I need my Foam Board Sign Quickly!
- Great, we specialize in quick turnarounds times! For most orders we can print and ship the same day if the proof is approved by 2pm EST. We also offer rush shipping in the check out if you need quick shipping.
When will I get a proof?
- Typically, you'll receive a proof via email from our graphics department within 1-2 hours of placing the order, if the order is placed during regular business hours of 8:30am - 5pm EST, Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays. If you place your order during off hours/days, you'll receive a proof 1-2 hours from the time we re-open.
I don't have a print ready file or software to set up artwork, how can I get artwork set up?
- We have a very user-friendly design online program; anyone can use it and it's free for you to use! You can pick any of the editable templates we have set up or you can start from scratch. It has lots of options such as adding text, images, colors and even logos, the possibilities are endless! Make sure to create an account and save your designs for future use!
I realized I sent the wrong file when I received the proof, what do I do?
- No worries, this is why we send proofs! If you realized something is wrong in your artwork or you sent the wrong file, simply respond to the graphics proof email and let them know if you are sending a new file or have changes to your design online artwork. Our graphics team will always send you updated proofs, and nothing goes to print without your approval.
I approved of the proof then realized it was wrong, what do I do?
- We work pretty fast over here, once the proof is approved it moves to production pretty quickly. If you realize the proof was wrong after approving contact us as soon as possible. We can try to holt production if your order has not started to print yet. Once it starts printing it will be hard to pull it back at that point so the sooner you can let us know the better chances we have to stop it.
I approved of my proof after 2:00pm EST will it still go out same day?
- If you have a rush order and the proof is approved after 2pm EST please let your customer representative know right away. We will make every effort to try and get your order out same day, however, it does depend on our production department's workload, and we can't guarantee it will go out the same day if the proofs are approved after 2pm EST.