About This Item
- Design Online Templates
- Design Specs
- Order Process
- Option Details
- Care and Use
Oversized 48" x 72" Custom Printed Foam Board SignsCustom Foam Signs, also knowns as Foam Core, are lightweight, rigid and easily transported. The Foam poster signs are an excellent interior visual aid, the smooth surface makes for a high quality custom printed image. Our large Foam Board Signs are printed direct to material, in full color with UV inks for a long lasting, durable printed graphic. Easel back and lamination options are available.
Foam Sign Details
- 3/16" Thick Foam Board Material
- Full color printed graphics
- Lightweight solid plastic with a smooth finish
- Indoor use
NOTE: If hinged, slight ridges will show on the board in the hinge area.
Foam board material is also known as Foam Core, is light weight, rigid board with a foam core sandwiched between two layers of white coated paper. The board has a naturally semi-glossy appearance. The foam board material should be kept away from any high humidity or moisture because it will damage, warp, or get soggy if wet.
What's in the Box?
- Full color printed Foam Board Sign
Optional Shipping Options
- Ship Hinge & Folded (to save on shipping costs), sign will be reduced to 72" x 47"
- Ship flat with Freight Shipping (freight shipping usually starts at $250)
- Pick up In-store at our Manchester, CT location
Normal Production time is 2 business day; however, we know sometimes you need things quickly! We're there for you, offering rush shipping options in the check out.
To view our current shipping speeds and rates, add the yard signs to the cart, add your shipping state and zip code into the shipping calculator. Check out the current FedEx Ground Shipping Transit times
Design Specs for Print Ready Files 48"x72" Foam Signs
Artwork should be set up at size or a proportional size:
- 48" wide x 72" tall (portrait)
- 72" wide x 48" tall (horizontal)
Before you setup your file; Please view our Design Specs for Print Ready Files
- If you submit a file that is not print ready according to our specifications our graphics team may have to ask you to adjust the artwork and re-submit, which can delay the processing of your order.
Custom Printed Foam Board Signs Options Explained
- None: No lamination
- Matte: Matte or flat looking lamination will be applied to the top
- Gloss: Glossy or shiny looking lamination will be applied to the top
- Dry Erase: Dry Erase lamination will be applied to the top, this lamination is glossy looking and enables you to write and reuse the sign with the use of dry erase markers.
Single Sided or Double Sided
- Single Sided Print: Full color print on one side, the back side of the board will be white
- Double Sided Print: Full color print on both sides of the board
Orientation of the file
- 48x72 Portrait: Sign will be 48" wide x 72" tall
- 72x48 Horizontal: Sign will be 72" wide x 48" tall
Upload Your Print Ready File
- Upload the file with the upload button
- If you have large or multiple files, use the "File Upload" link after the order is placed
Care & Use of the Foam Board Signs
Foam board signs are made with a paper face and a foam core center. They are inexpensive and easily to replace without digging a hole in your pocket. Foam board signs are most suitable for indoor use and is not a good option for outdoor use since it's susceptible to prolonged exposure to moisture and sunlight.
Do not wash or wet signs
If you have a lamination then you can wipe it with a damp cloth on the laminated side only, being very careful to not get any moisture on the edges.
Not meant for wet or damp areasFoam board will absorb any moisture in the environment causing the sign to warp, bulge, discolor, or even tear.
Handle with extra care
- Foam Board easily damages, especially the corners
- If the corners dent and your design allows for removal of some part of the sign then you can use a sharp razor to slice off the damaged section. We suggest using a straight edge and cut into multiple small depths with the blade on a slight angle to the face of the board.
- Avoid dropping or placing any objects on top of the Foam Signs as it will leave dents or imprints on the signs.
Uses for your Custom Printed Foam Board Signs
Foam board signs are popular because they are low cost with a high quality print. There are thousands of ways you can use your Foam Poster, here's the most popular ways to use your Foam Board Sign
Great for events like:
- Lectures and Presentations
- Name plates and tags
- Retail Store Signage
- Menu Boards
- Directional Signage
- Office Decor
Mounted prints to wall (only for 1 sided printing)
Since Foam boards are light weight it's pretty easy to mount them to any smooth surface wall. You can easily use double sided stick tape on the back of the sign to adhere it to the wall, Command Damage-Free Hanging Strips also work great.
Using a Sign Holder
Reference the sign holder's manufacturer directions to ensure proper installation of the sign.
Order Process for Custom Foam Board Prints
Order is placed: We will email you an order confirmation and your customer representative will be in touch during normal business hours.
Here is the next Steps:
- Our graphics department will send you a proof via email
- All proofs will need to be approved by you before printing
- Once approved the order will move to production where printing will start
- When printing is complete your order will be boxed up and prepared for shipping
- Your order will be picked up by FedEx at the end of the business day. We ship Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays.
- When your order is scanned in by Fedex you will receive an email from us with the tracking and expected delivery date.
If you have any questions, we are available:
Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays
8:30am - 5pm EST
What are Foam boards made of?
Our custom Foam Board Signs are made with a paper face on both sides with a solid foam middle. The paper face allows high quality prints, and the foam middle offers rigidness and durability
How long can I use my Foam Board Sign?
Most Foam Board Signs are generally used for one-time events, however, if the Foam Board Sign is cared for properly it can last you a long time.
Is Foam board durable?
Foam Board Signs are very delicate and damage easily. Most times foam board is used for short-term or one-time use, then discarded afterwards.
Can I use my Foam board outside?
You can use Foam Board Signs outdoors, however, we don't recommend it because the foam board is so fragile it easily damages, and it will absorb any moisture. If you are looking for outdoor signage we recommend you checking out our Corrugated Plastic Signs , PVC Signs , and Aluminum Signs.
Are foam boards just thick poster board?
Some refer to foamcore signs as " poster board signs " or " mounted poster board ". The custom foam boards are made of two pieces of poster paper with a foamcore middle making it a rigid sign much like a thick poster board
I want to order a custom size Foam sign?
Yes, simply pick the next size up board from your final size and let us know in the comments section what the final size of the sign you would like. We'll confirm the custom size while in the proofing stage.
Can I custom cut or die cut my Foam board sign?Yes! We the best die cutting machinery you can get, and we have the ability to do most custom die cut projects. Here's how you can set up the cutlines. Please contact us about your custom cut signs 888-319-8184 prior to placing the order.
Is the graphic mounted to the Foam sign material?
No, we print directly to the foam board material using high quality UV inks. Mounted prints are when the graphic is printed on a sheet of paper or vinyl then it's mounted onto the foam material with and adhesive. In our experience printing direct to material produces just as high quality results as custom foam board mounting.
Will my graphic peel away over time?
Since we print direct to material none of the graphic will peel off the board unlike mounted prints.
Can I make my Foam Sign double sided?
Yes, we can print on both sides of the foam board material, just select double sided printing in the drop down when placing your order.
I need my Foam Sign quickly!
Great, we specialize in quick turnarounds times! Since we do all the printing in house at our Manchester, Connecticut location, we can print and ship most orders within the same business day, larger quantities take longer. We also offer rush shipping in the check out if you need quick shipping.
How many colors or details can I use in my artwork, will it cost extra?
You can use any number of colors or any amount of detail in your artwork without incurring any additional fees. We print our Boards in full color and no matter how many colors or how detailed the artwork is, it won't affect the cost of the sign.
What color profile should I use in my artwork?
We accept CMYK, RGB, Mixed colors and Pantone colors. We use a 4-color process, and each color profile will be converted to meet the original coloring as closely as possible.
When will I get a proof?
Typically, you'll receive a proof via email from our graphics department within 1-2 hours of placing the order, if the order is placed during regular business hours of 8:30am - 5pm EST, Monday - Friday, with the exception of holidays. If you place your order during off hours/days, you'll receive a proof 1-2 hours from the time we re-open.
I don't have a print ready file or software to set up artwork, how can I get artwork set up?
We have a very user-friendly design online program; anyone can use it and it's free for you to use! You can pick any of the editable templates we have set up or you can start from scratch. It has lots of options such as adding text, images, colors and even logos, the possibilities are endless! Make sure to create an account and save your designs for future use!
I realized I sent the wrong file when I received the proof, what do I do?
No worries, this is why we send proofs! If you realized something is wrong in your artwork or sent the wrong file, simply respond to the graphics proof email, and let them know if you are sending a new file or have changes to your design online artwork. Our graphics team will always send you updated proofs, and nothing goes to print without your approval.
I approved of the proof then realized it was wrong, what do I do?
We work fast over here, once the proof is approved it moves to production quickly. If you realize the proof was wrong after approving contact us as soon as possible. We can try to holt production if your order has not started to print yet. Once it starts printing it will be hard to pull it back at that point so the sooner you can let us know the better chances, we have to stop it.